How To Set Tire Pressure For INFINITI Cars
The time has come for you to ask yourself this crucial question – when was the last time you checked for your car’s tire pressure? If you haven’t done it recently, it might be time to take a close look to see if there might be any damage to your tires. Driving with low tire pressure can damage the tires as this causes more friction while driving on the road. As a result, more gas will be needed to keep your car going. Here is a step-by-step on how to set the tire pressure on your INFINITI car.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Today, the chances of you having a low tire pressure would be low, thanks to the INFINITI Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This system measures and monitors the pressure of the tires against the road at the set target pressures. When one of the tires is detected to have a lower pressure than the target value, you will most likely get a warning from the TPMS light in the combination meter.
Inspecting Your Tire Pressure
If you use your vehicle regularly, it is good to inspect your tire pressure every month to ensure consistency. While the TPMS is a good indicator of when to air the tire pressure, you should be checking the tires manually with a gauge to avoid any potential issue. Before filling the tire, check your car manual for any prescribed tire pressure.
While it depends on the model, trim, and tire size, most INFINITI car models will need a range of 29 psi to 45 psi. Once you have set the proper tire pressure on the car manual or the vehicle door, it is time to check the tire pressure. To do this, you will need a pressure gauge and follow the steps below:
- First, to be accurate in setting your tire pressure, you will need to measure each tire.
- On each tire, unscrew the valve caps and press the pressure gauge on the valve stem
- Ensure that you hold on to it securely and tightly, and the device should show you the current pressure.
- If the tire is low in pressure, it is time to fill it up at an air pump station.
Pumping Your Tire
Most of the time, air pumps will be available at your local gas station. However, it is good practice to have a small electric air pump to keep at the back of your trunk in the case of an emergency. Here are what you need to do when filling the tires:
- While filling in your tires, connect and press the air hose against the valve and listen for the sound of air entering the tire.
- You will need to ensure you put enough pressure on the air hose to ensure that the air fully enters the tire.
- If the hose has a pressure gauge attached, release the pressure until it pops out.
- Ensure that the measured tire pressure is as close as possible to the prescribed number.
Shop for Your INFINITI Car Today
Competition INFINITI at Smithtown is your one-stop-shop for the best quality cars and excellent customer service. Whether you are looking to purchase a new or pre-owned INFINITI car, we are committed to ensuring that your experience with us is a smooth and enjoyable one. For more information and queries, please feel free to visit or contact us today.