How To Replace An INFINITI Car Battery
As a general rule, car batteries have a lifespan between three to five years. This means that unless you buy a new car just as often, you will need to replace your battery at some point. Thankfully, it is pretty simple to replace your INFINITI car battery, and a minimal number of tools is required. We share with you how you can replace an INFINITI car battery in this guide.
Does Your Car Battery Need Replacing?
Below are some signs that your car battery needs replacing:
- Your car won’t start, even after being jumpstarted
- The battery or engine warning light on your dashboard is flashing
- There is powdery residue on your battery terminals – you can attempt to remove this by scrubbing with a toothbrush dipped in baking soda solution. If it still does not work, you will need to replace the battery.
If your INFINITI car will not start but no warning lights have gone on, you probably have a flat or dead battery. You should try to jumpstart your car before replacing the battery, as it’s possible that the battery was simply drained of power and needed recharging.
Tools Required to Replace Your Car Battery
Before you can start changing your car battery, ensure you have the following tools on hand:
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 250ml of hot water
- An old toothbrush or a wire brush
- A new battery
- Protective eyewear and gloves
- Adjustable socket set
- Radio code and other necessary PINs, which can be found in your owner’s manual
You should be able to check the exact type of battery required in your owner’s manual and purchase it from your dealership. Once you have removed the old battery and placed the new one in, you will need the radio code and other PINs to restart the systems in your car.
Replacing the Battery
Follow the below steps to replace your car battery:
- Locate where your car battery is placed.
- Disconnect the battery terminals, making sure to start with the negative terminal. You can do this with the help of a spanner or wrench.
- Remove the old battery by unfastening the holder and removing any screws.
- Clean the terminal clamps with a mixture of baking soda and water to ensure they are free from residue.
- Put the new battery in and reconnect the terminal clamps.
- Check that the new battery is working by starting your car and inputting the radio code to get the electric systems working.
Competition INFINITI Can Provide You with Genuine Parts
Looking to purchase the genuine INFINITI parts you require to change your car battery? If so, look no further than Competition INFINITI of Smithtown. In our online shop, you can find all the parts you require to get your car up and running again. Or if you prefer our team to get the job done for you, you can check out our service center for more information. You are welcome to contact us today if you have any questions about our products or services.