How To Change INFINITI Door Panels
Whether it is time to get a new lock or if your car door has been rattling, at some point it may become necessary to change your car door panels. Before attempting to do so, you will need to have the right tools as well as an understanding of how you can go about doing it. In this guide, we share with you how to change INFINITI door panels.
Tools and Materials Needed
Below is a list of tools and materials you will need before starting the process of changing your door panels:
- Long and short flathead screwdrivers
- A small metal pick
- Plastic door panel clips
- Replacement parts for any of the components you are removing, such as the window motor
Removing the Door Panel
The first step towards changing your door panels is to remove the existing ones. This can be done by following the below steps:
- Turn off the engine and put your car in park. You may also wish to park your car in a shaded area as it can get quite hot working under the sun.
- Gently pry away the lights and covers. This will expose the mounting screws.
- Once you have located the mounting screws, you can start the process of removing the door panel. Simply grab the bottom of the door and pull firmly. If this does not work, you can use the long flathead screwdriver to pry it away.
- You should be able to slide the door panel away now, making sure to remove any electrical connections.
Installing the New Door Panel
Before attempting to install the new door panel, check if any door clips have come off and if so, get them replaced. Then, you can start on the process of installing the new door panel:
- Connect the electrical connections while holding the new door panel up to the door.
- Start by installing the top of the door panel to the window seal. When you hear the door clips snap into place, you will know that the panel is in place.
- Push the screws and mounting covers back into place.
- Once you are done with the installation process, turn on the ignition and check that all the normal functions of the door are working.
As long as you are equipped with the right tools and materials, the process of changing INFINITI door panels should be pretty straightforward.
Come to Competition INFINITI for Parts and Servicing
Regardless of whether you are looking to purchase a new INFINITI vehicle or you require servicing for your car, Competition INFINITI of Smithtown is your reliable one-stop shop. We offer genuine INFINITI parts and you can be sure that your vehicle is in good hands with us. Our team is committed to delivering excellence with every transaction and communication we have with you, and our goal is on building lasting relationships with our clients. Please feel free to contact us today if you require more information about our products or services.